Your pup’s favorite things are a gift for them (and you!). Remember a tired, content dog is a well-behaved one!
- Appropriate chews like bully sticks, Himalayan chews, antlers, beef trachea and duck necks
- Daily exercise! This one is free, and good for you both! Shoot for a minimum of 30 minutes per day for more mellow pups, and an hour+ for young or active breeds.
- Boredom busters – Kongs filled with frozen peanut butter, dog puzzles, or toys you can put small treats inside
- Regular training. Even if your pup is a master of the basics, training is important mental stimulation and builds confidence. Incorporate tricks and other games into your routine to make things fun and interesting.
- Quality time and new experiences – spend some down time giving your dog the love and attention he craves, or take her to new places to explore (parks, shopping centers, doggy daycare).
- Structure! Believe it or not, dogs love clear cut rules and knowing they can depend on you as their leader. If being consistent isn’t your thing this one to add to your New Year’s resolution list!