Give Your Dog a Bone – Top Chew Choices
All dogs young and old benefit from appropriate chew bones. Not only does chewing help with the furniture-ruining puppy teeth but bones also provide mental stimulation and help keep teeth and gums healthy. Ditch the rawhide and check out these safe and natural choices.
- Bully sticks
- Texas Toothpicks
- Canine Caviar’s buffalo line including Flossies and Rib Bones
- Raw marrow bones (freeze them for longer lasting fun)
- Antlers – long-lasting and green (antlers are collected after being naturally shed from deer)
- Water Buffalo Horns (a great choice for dogs with allergies)
- Be sure to look for chews that are sourced in the USA (New Zealand is another good source).
Providing appropriate chews doesn’t have to break the bank either. I recommend Bestbullysticks.com to my clients for great prices and a wide selection of products including odor free bully sticks and novel protein source chews for pups with allergies.
So go on, give your dog a bone!