Keep Your Dog Safe This Halloween!
While you may look forward to the costumes and candy Halloween brings the holiday can be scary for your furry friend. Keep them safe with these tips:
- Make sure your pet is wearing a collar with current ID tag and is microchipped.
- If your pet isn’t as excited as you are about that pirate costume you bought him try a festive collar instead.
- If your dog hasn’t perfected the art of waiting at the door when you open it or gets spooked easily keep them in a room away from the door with a special chew or treat to keep them busy. This will ensure they don’t slip out in all the commotion on the hunt for some candy of their own.
- Chocolate and sweeteners can be harmful to your pets so be sure to keep it out of reach along with candles and lit pumpkins.
- Take this training opportunity to socialize puppies or fearful adult dogs with the various costumes and decorations you’re bound to run in to on your evening walks. Be patient and pair the scary ghost in your neighbor’s yard with your pooch’s favorite snack.
Trick or Treat!