July 5 is the busiest day of the year for many shelters around the country. The fireworks on the fourth are scary for many dogs and some will do anything to escape the terrifying noise. Many of these frightened fidos end up in the shelter. Be sure to keep your dog safe this fourth with these quick tips:
- Outfit your pet with a collar with ID tag and a microchip
- Keep your dog indoors during the festivities
- Provide a safe room with calming music and special chews to keep your pup occupied
- Use a Thundershirt to help relieve anxiety
- If your pet is still unable to cope with the noise talk to your vet now about anti anxiety options to use on the fourth
For more tips on helping your dog stay safe and overcome fears associated with the fourth click here.